West Rhyl Open Green Space – Denbighshire County Council
Client: Denbighshire County Council
Duration/Completion: 26 weeks
Value: £1.2 million
Brenig Construction were appointed in September 2014 by Denbighshire County Council to carry out the West Rhyl Green Space Regeneration on a brownfield site in the notoriously deprived area of West Rhyl, North Wales.
The new greenspace will form a focal point for the £23m regeneration of Rhyl has been referred to as a “neighbourhood park”, will be multifunctional, incorporating hard and soft landscaping, street furniture, lighting and CCTV.
Brenig were appointed as Principal Contractor and the works involved include the following –
- Highway re-alignment
- New Drainage (land drainaged & highway drainage)
- Pre-cast concrete works
- Street lighting
- Brenig construction also carried out extensive value engineering on this scheme the and cost savings where passed on to our client which has enabled Denbighshire County Council to invest the money elsewhere on improvements in Rhyl.
- During the scheme Brenig carried out a number of community events in Rhyl including:-
- School visits
- Community planting days
- Newsletter drops
- Liaison with local groups
- Liaison with the Lego Academy and modelling of the green space by local children
View Our Green Open Space Project References: